Converseon seeks a front-end developer to build UI and UX enhancements to our core Conversus (AutoML) and Converged Insights (BI) platforms. This is an excellent skills growth position that will provide the opportunity to work with industry leaders in machine learning for text analytics, make direct open-source contributions to the tools we utilize, and shape the Conversus user interface and experience based on input from all stakeholders, including customers, partners, and your peers; all while growing your skills.
Converseon is the industry leader for Automated Machine Learning (AutoML) in the text analytics for social listening space. We provide for our clients:
- A platform for training custom ML models and a standard ML model library allowing point-and-click extraction of research-grade data on the voice of the customer, called Conversus.
- An API against which our Conversus AI models can be leveraged at scale.
- Custom visualization solutions for our client
- Consulting packages to deliver:
- ML model building & tuning as a service.
- Executive-ready insights delivered as ready-for-use presentations.
- The responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing the UI and design of the Conversus platform and the Converseon website based on stakeholder input.
- Enhancing the UI of Converged Insights (built on Apache Superset).
- Participate in developing client-critical features and functionality within Apache Superset.
- Illustrating design ideas using wireframes.
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Implementing layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Working hand-in-hand with stakeholders to translate features, user problems, and requirements into a modern UI.
- Working with peers to conduct code reviews and joint development projects.
Ideal Candidate Experience
- Have two years’ experience developing in React.
- Have exposure to custom visualizations.
- Have a working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Be willing to contribute code to open-source projects (during working hours).
- Have working knowledge of wireframing (e.g. Balsamiq or InVision) or graphic design (e.g. Photoshop) tools.
- Be able to act as your own designer during UI development.
- Have an eye for design, as many of our customers work in the marketing space and expect an above average User Experience and degree of polish.
Helpful to Have
- Experience with Python & Django
- Unix/Linux development experience and/or worked in an AWS-cloud based environment.
- Previous experience working in a fully remote position.
- Previous experience developing custom visualizations.
- Have a working knowledge of git.
Would Be Great If You Have
- Contributed to open-source projects in the past (++ if they were Apache or Apache Incubator)
- Worked in or had exposure to Social Listening and/or AutoML spaces.
- Built visualizations based on an enterprise data warehouse.
You’ll be at the Top of our Resume Pile If
- You’ve contributed to the Apache Superset code repository in the past.
- Have a high-polish UI portfolio for SaaS solutions that you can share.
- A bachelors’ or associate degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.