Converseon is a leader in text analytics and machine learning for understanding the voice of the customer. Building on our strengths in machine learning applied to unstructured data, we are developing innovative data analytics applications that combine unstructured and structured data into powerful tools for understanding customers and driving product and marketing decision making. We seek an experienced and effective Software Architect or Senior Software Engineer to help lead this effort. This is an excellent career growth opportunity that will provide the right person with significant responsibility, with the chance for your work to make a real impact on a widely used suite of products and services.
The Software Architect is expected to:
- Assess software and system options and determine the best choices in light of product requirements
- Identify and evaluate candidate software solutions for complex distributed systems with external dependencies
- Conduct research and/or execute proofs of concept, gather and interpret the results, and then design and execute solutions
- Establish productive relationships with account managers, product managers, vendors, and partners to support the work of software engineers — interpret business requirements and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Help facilitate planning, scheduling, and tracking software deliverables
- Identify and direct resolution of critical issues related to hardware and software operations — troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Contribute to team building — assist with the hiring, managing, and mentoring technical staff
- Communicate effectively by documenting plans and designs for both technical and non-technical audiences to support internal development, on-boarding, and system maintenance, as well as external partnerships and technical integrations
Software Architect Skills and Requirements include:
- Experience building and deploying high capacity, distributed architectures and applications
- Solid knowledge of agile development and operations methods
- Broad knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Understanding of a variety of coding methods, languages, and frameworks for software development and data interchange
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Some level of proficiency across the full stack from Web frontend to back end
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more major cloud providers (e.g. AWS)
- At least 5 years experience designing and building software applications
Preferred: knowledge of some or all of python, Django, ElasticSearch, JVM-Scala-Java, SQL, NO-SQL, React, web application development, security, and open source technologies
Preferred: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
Preferred: exposure to machine learning, natural language processing, data analytics, business intelligence, and visualization
Must be authorized to work in the US.
Location: Remote, but within reasonable travel distance to NYC.
Great chance to be at the front lines in a place that really is pioneering new paths in this particular space.
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.