Converseon is a leader in text analytics and machine learning for understanding the voice of the customer. Building on our strengths in machine learning applied to unstructured data, we are developing innovative AutoML solutions and data analytics applications for business analyst support, that combine unstructured and structured data into powerful tools for understanding customers and driving product and marketing decision making. We seek an experienced and effective Senior Software Engineer for Data Analytics and Machine Learning for Marketing Intelligence to contribute to these initiatives. This is an excellent career growth opportunity that will provide the right person with significant responsibility, with the chance for your work to make a real impact on a widely used suite of products and services.
The Software Engineer is expected to:
- Technical trend vision. Stay current on new technologies and available vendor packages; evaluate and make recommendations on best technological fit in light of product requirements
- Identify and evaluate candidate software solutions for complex distributed systems with external dependencies
- Conduct research and/or execute proofs of concept, gather and interpret the results, and then design and execute solutions
- Develop working relationships with marketing and product managers to interpret business requirements and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Facilitate planning, scheduling, and tracking software deliverables
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the Software stack. Determine the root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Communicate effectively by documenting plans and designs for both technical and non-technical audiences to support internal development, on-boarding, and system maintenance, as well as external partnerships and technical integrations
Software Engineer Skills and Requirements Include:
- Experience building and deploying high volume, distributed architectures and applications
- Solid knowledge of agile development and operations methods
- Solid knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Understanding of a variety of coding methods, languages, and frameworks for software development and data interchange
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Some level of proficiency across the full stack from Web frontend to back end
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more major cloud providers (e.g. AWS)
- At least 5 years’ experience designing and building software applications
- Preferred: knowledge of some or all of python, JVM-Scala-Java, SQL, NO-SQL, web application development, security, and open source technologies
Preferred: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
Preferred: exposure to machine learning, natural language processing, data analytics, business intelligence, and visualization
Must be authorized to work in the US.
Location: New York, NY
Great chance to be at front lines in a place that really is pioneering new paths in this particular space.
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.