Converseon, Inc. (“Converseon” or “the Company”) provides social and voice-of-customer data quality and programmatic insight through AI-powered technology, ecosystem partners and industry experience (est. 2001).
Processing of Social Media Content
To provide Converseon Services, we process user-generated content from a variety of publicly available sources such as internet forums, weblogs, social blogs, microblogs, wikis, social networks, and social bookmarking sites (collectively, “Social Media Content”) provided by third-party platforms. In general, anyone can find the Social Media Content that we process via a standard Internet search engine or by visiting applicable websites themselves. We receive access to this data through agreements and partnerships with social listening companies. We do not circumvent technical controls in place to prevent unauthorized access, such as usernames and passwords or use of CAPTCHA technology.
Use of Social Media Content
Converseon’s customers are responsible for their use of Social Media Content. We require our customers to use Social Media Content in accordance with our End User Licensing Agreement, the terms of service of the applicable website/platform from which the Social Media Content is obtained or derived, and applicable law.
As part of Converseon Services, we display to our customers certain metrics relating to individual posts and the individuals associated with Social Media Content to the extent such information is publicly available and/or available via API from the relevant website operators/platforms. Examples of metrics applicable to any particular post include the number of comments, number of unique commenters, number of likes and number of followers. These metrics, and others, allow our customers to better analyze Social Media Content.
We also provide various tools within Converseon Services that permit our customers to analyze Social Media Content, such as categorizing Social Media Content and displaying it through various graphs and representations as well as supplementing it with other data and insights. In some cases, we use third parties to provide additional analysis of and supplemental data for the Social Media Content. By third parties, we are referencing our business partners and/or vendors. We also provide our customers with the ability to conduct historic analysis on Social Media Content to the extent such data is available to us.
Collection of Personal Information
Converseon is provided with Personal Information from customers and clients in the course of their engagement with the Company. We will use Personal Information only in a manner compatible with specified and legitimate purposes related to his/her dealings with the Company including, but not limited to:
- Communicating with you about the Converseon Services;
- Accounts receivable and finance;
- Keeping accounts and records of business transactions;
- Monitoring and promotions of equal opportunity;
- Regulatory and professional requirements;
- Prevention and detection of crime;
- Quality control;
- Processing Personal Information on behalf of a client/customer;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law; and
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, us, and other third parties.
Converseon shall provide the individual with the choice and means for limiting the use of their Personal Information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal Information to the Company, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before the Company uses the information for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected. Converseon will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their Personal Information is to be used for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, and/or to protect the integrity of the Converseon Services or our interests, rights, property, or safety, and/or that of our users and others.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
We are able to legally collect and use your Personal Information either because:
- you have provided us with your consent to do so as explained above;
- collecting and using your Personal Information is necessary for us to carry out our legitimate business interests in order to carry out any requests or orders made by you via our website;
- collecting and using your Personal Information is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party; and/or
- collecting and using your Personal Information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
Converseon uses commercially reasonable physical, organizational, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of Social Media Content and Personal Information. The Company has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Social Media Content and Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Converseon cannot guarantee the security of Social Media Content or Personal Information on or transmitted via the Internet.
We retain Personal Information to the extent we deem necessary to carry out the processing activities described above, including but not limited to compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, and to the extent we reasonably deem necessary to protect our and our partners’ rights, property, or safety, and the rights, property, and safety of our users and other third parties.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to the email address below, and are free of charge. However, we do not disclose Personal Information protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law permits our users who are Nevada consumers to request that their Personal Information not be sold (as defined under applicable Nevada law), even if their Personal Information is not currently being sold. Requests may be sent to the email address below and are free of charge.
- Your European Union, UK, and Switzerland Privacy Rights
In addition to the above-listed rights, European Union, UK and Switzerland privacy law provides individuals with enhanced rights in respect of their Personal Information. These rights may include, depending on the circumstances surrounding the processing of Personal Information:
- The right to object to decisions based on profiling or automated decision making that produce legal or similarly significant effects on you (we do not, however, process Personal Information in a manner, which would make this right applicable);
- The right to request restriction of processing of Personal Information or object to processing of personal information carried out pursuant to (i) a legitimate interest (including, but not limited to, processing for direct marketing purposes) or (ii) performance of a task in the public interest;
- The right to withdraw your consent to process your Personal Information for a purpose you previously consented to. Withdrawing consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing, which was done before consent was revoked;
- In certain circumstances, the right to data portability, which means that you can request that we provide certain Personal Information we hold about you in a machine-readable format; and
- In certain circumstances, the right to erasure and/or the right to be forgotten, which means that you can request deletion or removal of certain Personal Information we process about you.
Note that we may need to request additional information from you to validate your request. To exercise any of the rights above, please contact us at the email address below.
If you are located in the UK, European Union, European Economic Area, or Switzerland, and you wish to raise a concern regarding our use of your Personal Information, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority.
Other Important Information About Personal Information and the Converseon Services
- Communications Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time through a given communications channel by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message received. If you wish to opt out by sending us an email to the address provided below, please include “Opt-Out” in the email’s subject line and include your name and the email address you used to sign up for communications in the body of the email. Note that if you do business with us in the future, you may not, subject to applicable law, opt out of certain automated notifications, such as order or subscription confirmations, based on business transactions (e.g., e-commerce).
- Collection of Personal Information from Children. You are not permitted to use the Converseon Services if you are under the age of 18. By using the Converseon Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older. While Social Media Content may include information related to children who are under the age of 18, the Company does not knowingly collect information from children, and the Converseon Services are not intended to be used or accessed by children.
- Business Transfer. We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our business, operations or assets to a third party, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise. Personal Information we obtain from or about you via the Converseon Services may be disclosed to any potential or actual third-party acquirers and may be among those assets transferred.
- International Use. Your Personal Information will be stored and processed in the United States. If you are using the Converseon Services from outside the United States, by your use of the Converseon Services, you acknowledge that we will transfer your data to, and store your Personal Information in, the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and Personal Information may become accessible as permitted by law in the United States, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities in the United States.
500 7th Avenue, 14th Floor
New York City, New York, 10018
Date Last Updated: September 9, 2022